The Resume Writing Guide: A Step-by-Step Workbook for Writing a Winning Resume
(as of Oct 20,2021 07:53:13 UTC – Details)
The Resume Writing Guide will show you exactly how to write a resume that makes a great impression on employers.
This book isn’t just a collection of rules and tips.
The Resume Writing Guide is a workbook that leads you through the actual process of creating a resume – one step at a time.
It breaks the big, complex job of resume writing into small, manageable tasks, making it easy to write a resume that’s custom-designed to show you at your best.
At the end of each chapter, you’ll be given a few tasks. Complete all of the tasks to the best of your ability, and when you reach the end of the book, you will have written a resume that shows you in your best possible light.
Learn From the Experience of 2000 Job Seekers
This book contains the kind of expertise that only comes from real job search experience. Lisa McGrimmon has written over 1000 resumes and helped over 2000 job seekers find work. She knows how to coach people through the process to create real resumes that give real results for real people.
You’ll discover how to:
- Write impactful statements about your experience, so you stand out from other job seekers who have similar experience
- Choose the best resume style to present your unique career history
- Organize and format your resume to highlight your most impressive experience and minimize concerns
- Research and find the skills employers in your industry are looking for, so you can write a resume that addresses all of their needs
- Use effective resume optimization strategies to help you pass applicant tracking system (ATS) screening
- Efficiently write different, targeted resumes for each job you apply to
Learn How to Deal With Resume Challenges
The Resume Writing Guide isn’t just for the lucky few who have a perfect career history. It gets to the heart of how to write effective resumes even if you’re worried you may have some challenges to overcome in your job hunt.
You’ll learn what to do if:
- You have gaps in your work history
- You’ve held many jobs in a short time
- You’re worried about age discrimination
- You’re a new graduate with a short work history
- Your most relevant work experience is in the past
- You’re making a career change
- Your education is your strongest selling feature
- You have an incomplete diploma or degree
Throughout the book, the techniques described are illustrated with resume examples to deepen your understanding. At the end of the book, you’ll find 16 full sample resumes that address a variety of challenges to help you see exactly how to use those strategies on your own resume.
Not a 20 Minute Resume Guide!
This book isn’t for job hunters who want to knock out a resume in 20 minutes. It’s a meticulous, step-by-step guide through each phase in the resume writing process.
It shows you how to structure each section, write compelling statements, and make smart decisions about content to highlight your individual strengths and minimize weaknesses.
Thoughtfully completing the tasks in this book will take time, but it will be time well spent. In the end, you’ll have a winning resume that’s written to show you at your best and make a powerful impact on employers.
Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2nd edition (November 3, 2014)
Item Weight:1.28 pounds
Dimensions:8 x 0.65 x 10 inches