Tips on Resumes and What to Do Thereafter
Nowadays, online resources make it much easier for college graduates to search for jobs and start working on a career that will enable them to achieve their dreams in life. The world wide web gives easy and convenient access to various job search sites and online career advices. With the technology we have today, it is much more easy and quick to get hired and paid. By just entering keywords in search engines, you are being exposed to hundreds and thousands of possible employers and with just a click of a button, you are on your way to getting the job you desire.
But even with all the information that can be obtained online, some college students still find it hard to begin a career after graduation. Several factors can contribute to this but the major reason why some still find it hard is because they don not know where to begin. If you are a college graduate seeking for a job, then you have probably asked yourself these questions – What do I want to do for a living?What type of company do I want to work for? Am I willing to relocate?
Tough questions? Perhaps. But as they say: The sky’s the limit when it comes to searching for careers after graduation. Think about how broad your options are just by visualizing the places to find your first job. There is no other way to start building your career but by make a first impression through writing a perfect resume. Here are some tips on how to write your own resume:
- Before writing your resume, you have to take into consideration the type of job you are applying for. Think of specific keywords that your employer might search in your resume. Some general keywords you can include are:
– Ability to (uphold, delegate, supervise, etc.),
– Analytical ability, – Detail oriented, – Problem solving skills,
– Results oriented, – Communication skills, – Team leader, etc.
- Do the following on your resume:
Create a positive first impression. Showcase your communication skills and make sure your resume is easy to read. You won’t have another chance to impress the employer some other time so better do it right the first time.
– Tell who you are. Inform the reader your most prominent qualifications and why they should hire you for the job. There’s no need to lie though. Most employers prefer an honest resume to avoid having impossible expectations.
– Describe what you have learned. If you have no work experience or just a fresh grad, it is best to highlight courses and projects applicable for the job you are applying for.
– List your accomplishments. Do not be modest at this point. Show your employer the achievements and awards you have acquired in the past and list them down accordingly.
- After writing your resume make sure to:
– Adjust and edit as needed
– Print out the resume and see how it would look to your employer
– Bring your resume whenever applying for a job
After writing your resume, do not limit yourself to just one job application. Give yourself options. It’s a big wide world and there are a lot of places to start your career. UK, for one, offers a lot of opportunities for fresh graduate student to begin their career. Choosing the right place and the right people to work with at the beginning of your career will decrease the chances of regrets later in your life. It is quite vital that you start right so all ends well.
Whether it be Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, Industrial and Engineering, Banking and Finance, Technology or any other sector, UK graduate jobs prove to be the best starting point of one’s career. Taking into consideration the fact that fresh grads still don’t have any job experiences, UK offers many college graduates with the best job postings from top employers. Why settle for unpaid experiences when you can get hired and paid by top employers, adding up work experience as you travel down the road of your chosen career?
What ever sector you choose for UK graduate jobs; from graduate sales jobs, graduate jobs in retail, graduate management jobs, graduate consultancy jobs or graduate leisure and travel jobs, you got to choose the ultimate resource for discovering your future. It is important that your resource puts priority on providing fresh grads the necessary knowledge there is to know about getting the right job by doing the right thing.
In your quest for the ultimate and perfect job, always remember that the world offers much more and there is no need to worry. As long as you have the determination and motivation to push yourself to achieve your dreams, you will surely succeed in finding the right career.